The custom record creation wizards are great tools to get the fields you want filled out when creating a record, while also checking for duplicates! You are able to edit these wizards for the Company, Contact and Listing Objects. These wizards appear when clicking on the "New" button to create new Company, Contact or Listing records.
You need only go the Settings tab to add or eliminate the fields in the wizard settings.
- If Settings is not an option in the displayed tabs, click on the + sign at the end of your Tab menu
- Select 'Settings' tab
How To Modify Settings (example: Contact)
Now that you have located the Settings tab, practice adding some fields to the contact wizard.
* original Classic image *
* Lightning Experience image *
- From Settings, click New to create a new setting
- Name the setting as you find appropriate, e.g. New Contact Form; New Contact Wizard
- Copy to Key field: contactNewWizard_contactFields
- Enter values using the Field Name/API Name of the field (see examples below) and should be separated by a semicolon (;). For instance (you can simply copy/paste this) Email;MobilePhone;Birthdate;Spouse__c;Spouse_Email__c;RecordTypeID
- NOTE: Salutation, First Name and Last Name will always appear on the contact wizard
Additional Customizing Settings
- Go to Setup > Customize > Accounts > Buttons and Links
- Click on Edit next to the NEW button
- At 'Override With' select the checkbox with Visualforce Page and add: AccountNewWizard [pba__AccountNewWizard]
- Click Save and you will have the new wizard for companies
|To add/remove fields use this KEY:||accountNewWizard_accountFields|
|These fields will always appear on the wizard||Company Name|
|You are also able to modify which fields are used to find duplicate records with:||accountDuplicateFinder_compareFields|
|To add/remove fields use this key:||contactNewWizard_contactFields|
|These fields will always appear on the wizard||Salutation, First Name, Last Name, Company|
|You are also able to modify which fields are used to find duplicate records with:||contactDuplicateFinder_compareFields|
|This setting displays the fields that your wish to view while comparing dups'||
|Setting Value (Examples)||
|To add/remove fields use this key:||listingNewWizard_listingFields|
|These fields will always appear on the wizard||Record Type, Title (Name), Address|
|Setting Value (Examples)||pba__City_pb__c;pba__PostalCode_pb__c|
What are companies in Propertybase?
Companies are records of other businesses that you have a relationship with. These can be leads, customers or even partner companies.