In this article, we will configure Propertybase to work with the new duplicate matching feature released by Salesforce. Upon completing this configuration, Propertybase will actively search for duplicate Contact records.
- From Setup, in the Quick Find menu, click Matching Rules underneath Data.
- In the middle of the screen, click New Rule.
- For Object, select Contact.
- Click Next.
- Copy all the information as it appears in the image below. Make sure you use OR statements in your Filter Logic.
- Click Save.
- On the next page, click Activate.
Now that our custom matching rule is built and activated, we can set it as our standard contact duplicate rule. FYI this rule affects leads internally and externally like Front Desk, so make sure you test it first before activating the rule.
- From Setup, in the Quick Find menu, click Duplicate Rules underneath Data.
- In the list of duplicate rules, click Standard Contact Duplicate Rule.
- In the list of actions, click Edit.
- On the next page, scroll down and select the new matching rule.
- Make sure Operation On Create the Alert is Unchecked and Action On Create is Allow. (If this is checked leads using Front Desk and the API get blocked.)
- Click Save at the bottom of the page.
Note: Add the "Potential Duplicate" component to relevant lightning page layouts if it is missing: