Publishing listings to third party portal aggregators, such as XML2U or 1001portales allows you the flexibility of marketing your listings to over 200 portals supported worldwide. These companies serve as an aggregator where Propertybase can, in the background, send an XML feed to them where they then convert it to a compatible format with the real estate portals you are subscribed to.
XML2U and 1001portales are subscription based company, which charge a minimal fees for their services. Before signing up, make sure to have your listings prepared in Propertybase so that you can speed the publishing process. If you want to go for 1001portales, please submit a ticket as this requires the installation of and additional filed package into your ORG. We'll help you with that :-)
The following tabs provide the steps required in order to prepare your Propertybase Org for publishing to XML2U. Note: "XML2U" is a generic feed you can also use for other portals (it takes all the fields found on the listing record plus related PropertyMedia in Portal Feed), if you have another third-party that maps the fields against that portal for you.
First step is to create a Portal record to ensure that Propertybase knows what type of feed it will create. To do this go
- to the "Portals" object in AppLauncher in Propertybase Lightning
- or to the "+" sign at the end of your tab section in Propertybase Classic. Then select the object "Portal". (Example with XML2U)
- Create a new record and name it "XML2U" or if you are planning multiple feeds with XML2U for different portals, call it according to your Portal(s) name(s)
- Mark the "Is Active" checkbox
- Select the value XML2U from the "Generator" picklist field (If you can not find it, please add it as pick list value on the portal object)
- Select the value "pull" from the "Type of transfer" picklist field
- Optional: ApiNamesIgnored: A custom text(long) field
ApiNamesIgnored__ccan be created on the portal record to hold a comma separated list of API field names that will then be excluded from the feed. E.g:
ApiNamesIgnored__c= "ProjectName_c,AdressInternal_c". will exclude those fields from being added to the resulting feed.
To publish your listings to a Portal Aggregator and thus your real estate portal, they will need to be prepared first. This entails:
1. If you are on Propertybase Lightning (version 1.414 and above):
Edit the Listing Lightning page layout and add a Visualforce component where you want to show it. Select "Portal Syndication" where it says "Visualforce Page Name". If not already completed: Add the fields "Broker's Listing ID" and "System Allowed For Portal" to all listing page layouts (e.g. Sale and Rent). Please continue reading at point 3
2. If you are on Propertybase Classic (version 1.398.8 and below):
Edit the page layout of both the Rent and Sale record types and add a new section. Name it: Portal Syndication. Make sure it is a one column section. Add the fields "Broker Listing ID" and "System Allowed For Portal" to this section. In addition add the Visual Force page "Portal Syndication Overview"
3. Add the related list "Listed on these portals" to all page layouts:
4. Adding all details and information to each field. You can include custom fields, just add them to the page layout. Use as many of the Propertybase standard fields as possible as this will ensure compatibility.
5. Upload all relevant images to the media manager of each listings and ensure to add them to the Portal Feed pool so that they are available for the portals.
6. Every listing record is required to have a Broker Listing ID (unique reference number). The value can be anything as long as it is unique to that listing.
7. Also, it is important that you populate all fields that are required on the Portals you wish to publish. You should consider creating Validation rules to not forget such fields and to keep data quality at a high standard
Once your Listings have been prepared you will need to activate them for publishing. To do this click the "Allowed for Portals". Validation rules will trigger to ensure that your listing is ready for publishing. If an error appears, make sure to fill out the required fields.
You can automate this process by connecting it through a Workflow Rule or Process Builder rule to your Status field (ex. Active).
This can be done by following these steps (Process Builder recommended):
and then create the workflow Action: Field update
Again create the workflow actions with a field update.
Please do not forget to "Activate" the workflows after creation!
Process Builder Rule
1. Go to Setup > Process Builder and click "New"
2. Name the new Process e.g. "Set Allow on Portals True/False", give it a description you understand and change to start the process when "A record changes" and click "Save":
3. Choose "Listing" as the Object and make sure it runs whenever the "record is created or edited". Click "Save" to get to the next point.
4. Click on "+ Add Criteria" and name it e.g. "Status = Active (for marketing)" and add the conditions to check for: If the field "Status" equals "Active".
The field selector will open in a layover. Simply type "Status" (or the field you are using for this) to select it from the list in the dropdown. This way of field selection will repeat in the next steps and will not be pointed out again.
If you have multiple statuses that you want to be able to show the listing on a portal, add more rows for each status you consider "active" and change it to check on each by switching to "Any of the conditions are met (OR)
Save the changes to get to "Immediate Actions"
5. Click on "+Add Action" and choose "Update Records", then give it a name e.g. "Set SystemAllowedForPortals to TRUE" and choose the record it should work on.
This will offer you to select whether the listing that started the process should be updated or a related record. Choose "Select the pba__Listing__c record that started your process":
6. Then add the update it should do: select the field "System Allowed for Portals" and set it to "True" and click "Save"
Perfect! You have added the first part to allow listings to go to portals. Now we will add a second "node" to make sure the listings are not allowed to go to portals if the status does not equal an active status. In the same process continue and
7. Click on "+Add criteria" below your first node, name it e.g. "Status ≠ Active (for marketing) and now add the opposite criteria compared to the first one, so when status does not equal Active. If you have multiple "active" statuses add them as well and change the conditions to "OR":
Save the change and
8. Click on "*Add Action" to define the change to "SystemAllowedForPortals" to "False" in this case:
Save the last step as well.
9. Activate the process with the button in the top right corner and confirm activation.
Check your process to work by changing a listing status e.g. to active from any inactive status and vice versa. If you have the SystemAllowedForPortals field on the layout you will see it check and uncheck depending on the status you choose for the listing.
Note: The Visualforce component "Portal Syndication" will only update after a page refresh.
Once the listing has been validated simply click the "Publish" or "Add" button to add to your feed.
Now you will need to generate you XML URL to send over to XML2U. The following link provides you the structure. All that is required is to enter your Org ID and the Portal Record ID replacing the bolded section between the two dashes:
https://manda.propertybase.com/api/v2/feed/<ORG_ID, 18 digits>/generic/<PORTAL_ID, 18 digits>/full
https://manda.propertybase.com/api/v2/feed/<ORG_ID, 18 digits>/1001portales/<PORTAL_ID, 18 digits>/full
By default the 15 digit ID is given, to covert to the 18 digit please go to this ID Converter. The Portal Record ID can be found in the URL of the portal record you created.
After adding the two ID's you will be able to see the XML feed and all your listings in it. Now send this URL to XML2U after creating your account.
- How often is my listing published? - It completely depends on the portals. We have "real-time" connections so every "Save" on the listing will update the portal. But we also support portals, who just update once a night.
- My pictures are not shown on the portal? - Make sure that you have check the "Portal Feed" checkbox next to the picture in the listing media manager.