External Agent Portal Overview
The Agent Portal is an add-on feature to Propertybase. The External Selling Agents Portal provides access to Selling Agencies (Companies) and their Selling Agents (Company Contacts) to real time property Listings in a secure environment to make reservations, expressions of interest and create contact records of potential buyers.
The Portal has a direct link to Propertybase and information submitted through the Portal is recorded directly into your Propertybase CRM to eliminate duplicates and delays in reserving Listings and therefore maintaining up to date records.
These instructions set out the steps involved in granting access to Agencies, Agents, Projects and Listings.
- Making Projects active on the Agent Portal
- Adding a Selling Agency
- Allocating Project to the Selling Agency
- Granting Access to an individual Agent
- Making a Reservation
- Where is the Reservation stored?
Making Projects active on the Agent Portal
Before any Agencies can access available stock through the Agent Portal, the Project must be set to an Active Project on Portal.
Follow the below instructions, on how to activate a Project;
- Go to the Properties tab
- Select the Project/s you want to show on your Portal. This has to be done by Project.
- Edit the Project record and tick the “Active Project on Portal” checkbox.
- Property Media from the Project can be displayed on the External Agent Portal by uploading it to the Property Media in Propertybase and tagging it to be displayed on the Website. If any Tags are applied to the Property Media these will be displayed on the External Agents Portal in the Documents section.
Adding a Selling Agency
Access to Projects is granted to External Selling Agencies through the Company records in Propertybase. So your Selling Agencies should be created as Company records in Propertybase.
Follow the below instructions, on how to create a Company in Propertybase
- Go to the Companies tab
- Click New to create Company record for the Selling Agency
- Enter the Agency Information, including Company Type = Agency and Save.
Allocating Projects to the Selling Agency
Before your Selling Agencies can view Projects in the Agent Portal, you will need to link each Company/Selling Agency to the Project by creating an Agent Portal record.
Note you will need to create a new Agent Portal record for each Project that you wish to allocate to a Company/Selling Agency. If an Agency has not been granted access to the Project via the Agent Portal record, then they will not be able to view the Project when they login to your External Agent Portal.
Further, note you can create the Agent Portal record from the Project or Company record. Follow the below instructions, on how to create a Company in Propertybase;
- Search for the Company record
- Select the “+Agent Portal” button
- Enter the Project name and Save
Follow the below instructions, on how to create an Agent Portal record from the Project;
- Search for the Project record
- Select the “+Agent Portal” button
- Enter the Company name and Save
Granting Access to an Individual Agent
You will need to add the Selling Agents as Company Contacts connected to the Selling Agency Company. Follow the below instructions, on how to create a Company Contact record;
- Search for the Company Selling Agency record
- Select the “+Contact” button
- Enter the Agents contact name, email and all relevant contact details. Scroll down to the Agent Portal section and tick the “Portal Access Active” checkbox as below. This will trigger an email to the Agent with their login details and will grant them access to your Agent Portal.
- When they login to your Agent Portal the landing page is Projects, where they can view documents and the properties associated with the projects allocated to their Selling Agency.
External Agents will make a Reservation in your Agent Portal, in order to Reserve the Property pending your Approval. Follow the below instructions;
- Login to the Agent Portal
- Select the Project
- Click View Properties or Search Properties (top menu) to drill down to apartment details for the project selected as below
- Click Reserve > then select New Prospect (or Pre Registered Prospect if appropriate). Enter the Reservation details, check the terms and conditions checkbox and submit the reservation.
Where is the Reservation stored?
When a Reservation is made, the status of that apartment in Propertybase listings is changed to “EOI” and an offer record is created. Then the apartment is then no longer visible on the Agent Portal.
A notification with a link to the offer details is automatically sent in the background of Propertybase to the designated contracts administrator by workflow.
1. Can I pre-register a Buyer? Yes, select the Prospects Tab > Register Client > and fill out the mandatory fields.
2. Can I change the mandatory fields on my Reservation and/or Prospect page? Yes, this may be possible. Please reach out to Support via help.propertybase.com to request this change.