Note: Propertybase now offers a new way to publish to external portals. Click here to learn more.
With thousands of real estate portals around the world, we are always working to build connections with as many as possible. Depending on your region - we may already have a connection established. If not, we leverage third party aggregators to connect with all other portals.
If you don't see your portal on our list, please contact our support staff. We would be happy to assist you with the installation. If you prefer to do your own integration, you can follow our step by step article regarding third party aggregators.
Setup with Field Package Installation
After installing the field package have your admin complete the following configurations:
1. Each field package comes with new record types that need to be setup. Configure the packaged record type for Listings, Properties and Requests to your profiles and define which record types shall be usable and/or default.
E.g. if you are a residential broker you have no need to make all the commercial record types available.
2. For the listing object we have a checkbox field: "System Allowed For Portals". You can create two workflow rules for updating this field, e.g. depending on the listing status.
and then create the workflow Action: Field update
Again create the workflow actions with a field update.
Please do not forget to "Activate" the workflows after creation!
3. Enter the login credentials for your portals:
Open the tab "Portals". If it´s not shown: click the "+" in the application menu and click then on Portals. Create a new portal record and follow the instruction in the following screen shot.
4. Adjust your listing page layout:
a) Add a new section (e.G. Portals) and add the Visual Force Page "PortalSyndicationOverview"
b) Add the related list "Listed on these portals"
Ready to publish :-)
In the listing you can now add or remove listings to your portals:
You will see the active listings and the history per portal by clicking on the portal:
On every listing you can see to which portals it was published and when:
- How often is my listing published? - It completely depends on the portals. We have "real-time" connections so every "Save" on the listing will update the portal. But we also support portals, who just update once a night.
- My pictures are not shown on the portal? - Make sure that you have check the "Portal Feed" checkbox next to the picture in the listing media manager.