Sometimes it's necessary to rename fields in Propertybase - after all, no two businesses are alike! In this article we will explain the difference between standard fields and managed fields, as well as how to rename them.
Renaming Standard Fields
To get started, open a record containing the field you would like to rename. In this example, we are going to rename the "MLS/ID" field on the Listing record.
- Click the gear icon at the top of the page, next click Edit Object.
- In the object menu, click Fields & Relationships.
- Find the field you would like to rename (in this example, MLS/ID), click the down arrow and then click Edit.
- Update the Field Label (do not change Field Name).
- Click Save.
Renaming Managed Fields
Managed fields are part of the base package in Propertybase and therefor have limitations when it comes to customizations. Renaming a managed field is a slightly different process.
Note: If a field's name starts with "pba__" then it is managed. Click here for an example.
Follow the steps below to overwrite the label for a managed field.
- Click the gear icon in the top right of the screen, then click Setup.
- In the Quick Find menu, click Override.
- Replicate the filter criteria shown in the image below.
Note: In this example we are overriding a field label on the Listing object. If the field label you are modifying is on a different object, select that object in the filter criteria instead.
- Double click the Field Label Override column to the right of the label you want to change, then type the name of the new label in the area that appears.
- Once finished, click Save.