Views, also known as “List Views”, are an important way to view and access data in Propertybase. A view is a filtered list, based on predefined criteria, that allows you to represent your data anyway you would like.
Records can be viewed by clicking any object tab. Records are then displayed in List Views. In the example below, we are using the Contact object.
By default, records are listed by Recently Viewed. This is just one type of a List View. You can switch list views by clicking the current view and selecting from the available options.
Create a New Standard View
Custom list views are based on individual business needs and are built using preset criteria. For example: a list view titled “Hot Leads” could potentially show all contact records that match a Lead Ranking criteria of "Hot".
Follow the instructions below to create a list view for “Hot Leads”:
- To create this List View, click the Contacts Tab.
- Next click the Gear Icon and then click New in the dropdown menu.
- For List Name, enter My Hot Leads and select All users can see this list view.
- Click Save.
- Click Add Filter on the right side of the screen.
- For Field select Lead Ranking, for Operator select equals and for Value select Hot.
- Click Done.
Voilà! You just created a custom list view.
To adjust the columns seen in a list view click Select Fields to Display
This list view will be available company-wide (because we selected All users can see this view) and individualized for each user (because we selected “My contacts” as filter criteria.)
The Recently Viewed List can be modified in the object manager. Please read here:
What are views in Propertybase?
Views are the key to accessing your data. Views are simply filtered lists of your data in Propertybase, allowing you to specify what you want to see, and how you want it to be represented to you in your profile.
Why are views important?
Views can be created on any Propertybase object. It's important to know how you can access your data, and how to make the views available to who needs them.
How to customize a view?
To create a custom view click the relevant tab e.g., Company, Contact, Listing etc.. Click the 'Create New View' link next to the view drop down menu, as below. If you can't see this link please contact your Administrator, as your Profile needs this permission set.
This link will open the 'Create New View' Screen. Then go through each of the steps.
- Step 1 - Enter the name of the new view which you would like displayed in the drop down view menu.
- Step 2 - Filters are applied in step two. You can add filters base on standard and custom fields as seen below. In this example, we will see 'all contacts created today'. It is possible to add multiple field criteria and change the filter logic for a more in depth list view.
- Step 3 - Will allow you to select fields to display in the view. Default fields are automatically selected. There is a maximum of 15 different fields to display in your view. Only fields that are displayed on the page layout are available. If a long text area field is selected, up to 255 characters are displayed.
- *Step 4 will only be visible for system administrators to push these views to all users or to keep them private.
Upon finishing your list view simply click the "Save" button.
When adding date fields there a various formats and literals that can be used. Find out more: Date Formats and Date Literals
If you want to use views to edit many records easily, you can activate inline editing. Please make sure that you have limited the view to one record type. Read more here.