In Propertybase version 1.654, a new field and corresponding setting were added that allow users to automatically relate spouses/partners.
For a full list of release information, see our changelog.
Step by Step
- In the Navigation Bar, go to Settings.
- Does the field pba__IsPartnerOf_pb__c need to be created beforehand? (This value was present in my most recent trial org. I did not need to create the value for pba__IsPartnerOf_pb__c. This field is not on the page layout by default.)
- Create a new Setting:
- Name: contact_auto_relate_partner
- Key: contact_auto_relate_partner
- Value: true
- Save the Setting.
- Go to “Setup” in the Top Right drop-down menu.
- In the navigation bar, go to the object manager, search for “Contact”, and go to the contact manager
- On the left, go to “Page Layouts”, then search for “Partner” in the “Quick Find” box
- Click and drag the “Partner” field onto the contact view layout under “Contact Information”.
- Save the layout.
- Close the object manager and go to back to the “Contacts” page.
- View an individual contact record. If the “Partner” field is not there, log out and back in to refresh the view.
The setting to relate the contacts on the partner field are off by default.