Automatically Relate Partner Contacts Follow
In Propertybase version 1.654, a new field and corresponding setting were added that allow users to automatically relate spouses/partners.
For a full list of release information, see our changelog.
Step by Step
- In the Navigation Bar, go to Settings, or use the app launcher in the top left corner to search for “settings” and navigate to the settings page.
- Click “New” to create a new setting. Create the setting using the following values:
- Name: contact_auto_relate_partner
- Key: contact_auto_relate_partner
- Value: true
- Save the setting. Now, when a contact is added to the Partner field, the corresponding contact’s partner field will also be updated.
- Go to “Setup” in the Top Right drop-down menu.
- In the navigation bar, go to the object manager, search for “Contact”, and go to the contact manager
- On the left, go to “Page Layouts”, then search for “Partner” in the “Quick Find” box
- Click and drag the “Partner” field onto the contact view layout under “Contact Information”.
- Save the layout.
- Close the object manager and go to back to the “Contacts” page.
- View an individual contact record. If the “Partner” field is not there, log out and back in to refresh the view.
The setting to relate the contacts on the partner field are off by default.
Please sign in to leave a comment.