Propertybase Score allows you to track the interactions your Contacts have with you and/or your brokerage. By assigning point values to specific activities (and setting a weekly reduction rate) Propertybase is able to sort Contacts based on activity. Using Propertybase Score allows you to focus more time on Contacts that are ready to buy or sell. In this article we cover the basic configuration steps required to use Propertybase Score as well as a general overview of the feature.
Once configured, using Propertybase Score is as easy. Simply use Propertybase as you always have, however you now have additional insights into your Contacts and their activity!
Note: Click the "Required Configuration" tab to learn more about activating and using Propertybase Score.
Table of Contents
- Configure Contact List View
- Configure Contact Page Layout
- Enable Propertybase Score
- Review Point Values
Note: You must be on the latest version of Propertybase to use this feature.
Before using Propertybase Score it's necessary to configure a few page layouts. This will allow you to see Propertybase Score when viewing Contact list views and record pages. Follow the steps below to get started.
Configure Contact List View
- Click the Contacts tab at the top of the page.
- Open List View Controls and then click Select Fields to Display.
- Select both "Propertybase Score" and "Propertybase Score Last Depreciation" and use the top arrow in the center of the modal to add them to the Visible Fields column.
- Once finished, click Save.
Configure Contact Page Layout
Now that we've updated List Views to display Propertybase Score, we need to do the same for Contact Page Layouts. To get started, open any Contact record and follow the steps below.
- Click the gear icon at the top of the page, then click Edit Object.
- Click Compact Layouts.
- Next select Contact Compact Layout.
- Click Edit.
- Select Propertybase Score and then click the "right" arrow to move it to the Selected Fields column.
- With Propertybase Score selected, click the "up" arrow to move it so that it's right after Name and right before Stage.
- When finished, click Save.
Now that you've configured your account to display Propertybase Score, it's time to enable the feature. Propertybase Score can be activated in the Control Center. Once activated, point values should be assigned for each available activity. Additionally, the weekly depreciation rate should be set to a value relative to the average activity rate. Without weekly depreciation, scores would increase indefinitely and it would be difficult to determine the integrity of scores.
Enable Propertybase Score
- Select the application launcher and then select Control Center.
- From the Control Center, select Propertybase Score.
- Enable Propertybase Score by clicking the toggle at the top of the page.
Review Point Values
Once enabled, Propertybase Score will begin tracking activity for all Contacts. How you operate your business, however, is most certainly different than the next Propertybase customer. For this reason it's important to review the default point values and adjust to fit your specific preferences.
- Adjust the slider for Weekly Depreciation to fit your specific preferences.
What Exactly is Weekly Depreciation?
As your Contacts interact with your business and begin to accumulate points, it's important to have a method to keep points relevant.
For example: Bobby Buyer accumulates 50 points in one week, but has no further interaction with your business afterwards. Sally Seller accumulates 10 points per week for five weeks. Without weekly reduction, in the fourth week Bobby (50 points without weekly depreciation) would appear to be a better lead than Sally (10 points without weekly depreciation), however the reality is that Bobby hasn't interacted with your business for three weeks (0 points with weekly depreciation) and Sally (10 points with weekly deprecation) has interacted with your business on a weekly basis.
- Adjust the sliders for all activity types.
Once Propertybase Score has been enabled and point values have been adjusted to fit your specific needs you are ready to start tracking Contact activity. Click the "Feature Overview" tab on this page to learn more.