Having trouble logging in? Don't fret. Whether it's your first time or a routine login, this article will help you get back into your account quickly so you can keep (or start) closing those deals!
First time logging into Propertybase? Welcome! You're just a few clicks away from increasing communications, working more efficiently and closing more deals. But first things first, you need to log in.
When your administrator adds you as a user, you will receive a welcome email.
- Locate the welcome email that was sent to you by your administrator.
Inside that email will be a link prompting you to log in and create a password.
Note: reset-links expire after 24 hours. Clicking on the link can expire the link, too, see "Salesforce 'Reset Password' link is expired" for more information.
- Click the link located inside the welcome email.
Clicking this link will take you to a page prompting you to choose your password and fill out a security question. This security question will enable you to reset your password in the future, should you forget it.
- Next, choose a password and select a security question.
- When finished, click Change Password.
In the future, you can visit https://www.propertybase.com/login to log into your account, using your email and newly created password. We highly recommend bookmarking that link for quick access.
Sometimes Propertybase will issue a security challenge when you try to log in. This is because you are logging in from a new or unknown location (specifically a new IP address.) There are two ways that Propertybase can verify your identity; either by email or text message.
- Enter the verification code located in your email inbox and click verify.
Note: Are you constantly receiving a security challenge? You can "whitelist" an IP address so that security challenges won't be issued for it. To whitelist an IP address, follow the instructions in this article.
Table of Contents
- On the following screen, enter your Propertybase username and click Continue.
Note: Your Propertybase username usually is your email address.
If the above fails, reach out to your Propertybase Administrator. As the administrator, you can force a password reset from the User Record screen. You can find this button on the Users page in the Setup menu.
Upon resetting a user's password, the user receives an email with a link to do so.
Do note that these reset-links expire after 24 hours. Clicking on the link can expire the link, too, see "Salesforce 'Reset Password' link is expired" for more information.
Depending on your company's password policies you may be locked out of your account if you enter the incorrect password several times. Company password policies vary and include things like: number of failed login attempts allowed, duration of lockout period and password requirements.
If you find ourself locked out of your account, you can either:
- Wait until the lockout period expires.
- Contact your Propertybase administrator and request that the lockout is removed.
If you become inactive for a period of time, Propertybase will prompt you to either continue working or log out. When this message is displayed, you will have a short period of time to respond. If no response is recorded, Propertybase will automatically log you out of your account.
The length of this "inactive logout period" is determined by your Propertybase administrator.
Table of Contents
As a Propertybase Administrator, you can view the login attempts for all Users. If a User is having trouble logging in, you should check the following:
- That the User account is active.
- That the User account is not locked out.
- The User is entering the correct username.
- The User is entering the correct password.
- If the User has been sent a security challenge.
A record of login attempts can be found at the bottom of the User record.
Note: If there are no login records, that means the User is using an incorrect username when logging in.
Depending on company policies, the User may be locked out of their account if there are several incorrect password attempts in a row. If the login record displays "Failed: Computer activation required" that means they were presented with a security challenge (see the "Security Challenge" tab on this page.)
Reset a User's Password
Administrators can manually reset a User's password by following the steps below.
- Click the gear icon in the top right of the screen, then click Setup.
- In the menu on the left, click Users.
- Click the name of the User that you want to modify.
- Click the Reset Password button in the menu at the top of the screen.
Clicking this button will send the User a new password through email.
If you no longer have access to the email address associated with your current account administrator, you can change the system administrator for your Propertybase account by clicking here.
More Troubleshooting by Salesforce
Here are some additional troubleshooting steps.
1. Clear cache, browsing history, cookies for all time of the browser you are using.
2. Make sure that the "Block third-party cookies" option in the browser setting is disabled.
3. Clear and do not use bookmarks for Salesforce (please be advised that using bookmark is not recommended)
4. Do not use saved passwords and autofill setting when logging in; instead, manually type in the password and username
5. Add the following Salesforce domains to the "Allow" list in the Cookie settings
1. Open the Chrome menu (3 vertical dots in the upper-right)
2. Select "Settings"
3. In the "Search Settings" field at the top and type the word "cookie" without quotes
4. Select "Content Settings" from the results that appear
5. Select "Cookies"
6. Select the "ADD" button under "Allow" and add the following domains (repeat this step for each domain):
[*.]salesforceliveagent.com (Necessary if you are using Live Agent, Omni or SOS)
NOTE: You'll need to enter the domains exactly as shown above, including the "[*.]" part