Connecting your Email and Calendar is a breeze with Einstein Activity Capture. Here, we’ll show you the steps to set Einstein Activity Capture as an Admin so that all of your Users can easily connect and begin syncing their email and calendars.
- The first step is to install and have your users install either the Salesforce Chrome Extension for GSuite users or the Salesforce Outlook App from within their Outlook App store.
- You can find a link to the correct app for the corresponding Email and Calendar Provider by searching either “Gmail” of “Outlook” in the quickfind. Click the subtle blue link beneath where it says Let Users Access Salesforce Records from Outlook/Gmail.
- Once you and your users have installed, logged in, and configured the Chrome Extension or Outlook App, you are almost ready to set up Einstein Activity Capture.
- In the next step you will need to add the Einstein Activity Capture Permission Set to all of your Users. To do this search “Permission” in the Setup Quickfind and click on Permission Sets. Locate “Standard Einstein Activity Capture” and click on it. Next, you will click on Manage Assignments at the top of the screen, click Add Assignments, choose all of your Active Users, and click “Assign.”
- Again, using the Quickfind in the Setup Menu, type “Einstein” and look for Einstein Activity Capture and Click Settings beneath it. This will take you to a wizard which allows you to configure your Einstein Activity Capture for your Org. Click Get Started to begin setting up your Einstein Activity Capture.
- You will need to authorize that you are permitted to set up this integration for your Organization, check the box and click “Next.”
- Choose your appropriate Email and Calendar Provider. If you use Microsoft Exchange, please refer to the help article in this training module as it will require additional steps from within your Exchange Server Settings, so you will need access to the Exchange Server Settings, or please involve whomever manages your Exchange Server for assistance.
- Next, provide a name for this configuration. You may have users who use GSuite and others who use Outlook, so make sure you name your configuration appropriately, and perhaps provide a description. Please make sure that you leave the “Active” box checked, and click “Next.”
- Here you will be able to configure the specific sync settings. You may choose to sync your Google or Outlook contacts, however, we typically recommend against doing so because most people do not maintain the cleanliness of their Google or Outlook Contact data, as well as you may inadvertently introduce duplicates. But here you can also choose if you want your Events (Calendar) to sync one way or bi-directionally.
- Next you will see a list of users that have the “Standard Einstein Activity” Permission Set. You can highlight them all by clicking on the top name, hold shift, click the bottom name, and then click the arrow that indicates moving these users to the “Selected Users” box. Click “Next.”
- This next screen allows you to exclude certain domains. Customer domains that you would want to exclude, internal domains, or even specific email addresses. Once you have this configured the way you like, please click “Next.”
- The final step is setting a default Activity Sharing setting. Your choices are “Share with Everyone” or “Don’t Share.” Once you have made your selection click “Next.”
You are now ready to Launch Einstein Activity Capture! However, before you click finish, please note you can click the “Back” button if you would like to go back and review any of the choices you have made. You can also adjust these settings anytime after Launch.
Please note that when you click “Finish” to launch your Einstein Activity Capture, assigned users are prompted to connect their email and calendar to Salesforce. Users can then customize their own Einstein Activity Capture settings.
To see how your Agents and other users will set up and connect their email and calendar please click on the Einstein Activity Capture for Agents