NEW: You are now able to sync Events and Tasks to Google Calendar and Google Calendar Events to Salesforce.
We have teamed up with API Nation to create a sync between Google Suite Apps and Propertybase Salesforce Edition (PBSE)!
This exciting feature will allow you to sync contacts both ways between Propertybase SF Edition and Google so all of your contacts can be easily accessed and utilized completely. This new feature will be available starting with Propertybase SF Edition version 1.618 and higher.
TO AVOID DUPLICATE CONTACTS IN YOUR GMAIL: Please only sync your Gmail with Propertybase and no other applications (Lightning, Zapier, Piesync, Yoxel, etc.). Additionally, if you share a computer with others, or have multiple Google accounts, it’s best to use an incognito window when logging in and setting up this Google sync. This will avoid the sharing of contacts with other Google accounts. To open an Incognito window press ctrl + shift + n. On a Mac press cmd + shift + n.
THINGS TO NOTE:
-The initial sync runs at just under 10,000 contacts per day. The sync does not usually stall, if any contacts do not work they are skipped and the sync moves on. In the rare event the sync does stall, users can check their workflows by logging in at https://my.apination.com/ and clicking on the workflow card.
-Calendar events marked as "private" currently are included in the sync. Is this something you have received feedback about?
-The sync only covers tasks on the current day or in the future. The first time the sync runs it grabs all events for the next year.
Ready to get your contacts synced? Let's get started!
First, you'll need to update to PBSE version 1.618. Learn more.
Not a reader? Watch this video instead.
Google Sync Setup
- Once you have updated, you'll need to go into the App Launcher:
- Inside the App Launcher, you will click on the Control Center option:
- In the Control Center you can scroll down, under Integrations you'll see the tile for Google Sync:
- Here you'll click on Configure Sync:
- This will direct you to an API Nation page where you'll need to click on the Google Contacts option:
- Here, you'll click on the Connect Propertybase button:
- You may have to log in to Salesforce, entering your login credentials. Afterward, you have to allow access to API Nation.
- Then you'll need to connect a Google account via "Connect Google Contacts Account" and also approve the API access.
- Now you can select either: "Sync Propertybase Contacts to Google Contacts" or "Sync Google Contacts to Propertybase" or both if you want to have a two-way sync
- Afterward, click on "Start Sync" to start of the sync - you are all set
- You can go into an active workflow and make some changes in there and view the logs
- On the clock icon, you can adjust the schedule the sync runs on
- On the line icon you can view the logs
- On the trashcan icon you can delete the workflow (something we do not recommend)
- This does not delete the contacts on either side
NEW: Calendar Sync
Ready to get your calendar synced? Let's get started!
First, you'll need to update to at least PBSE version 1.618. Learn more.
Not a reader? Watch this video instead.
Google Calendar Sync Setup
- First, you'll need to go to the App Launcher:
- Followed by the Control Center:
- Scroll down to the Integrations section of the Control Center and you'll find the Google Sync button, click that now:
- Next, you'll click on Configure Sync:
- This takes you to the page that contains all Propertybase and API Nation integrations. Here, you'll want to select Google Calendar:
- Now you will need to select Connect Propertybase:
- Now select Connect Google Calendar:
- Here, you'll enter the Google account you wish to link to Propertybase. The next screen will prompt you for your Google password for that account. Followed by the Allow button:
- Review the settings on the next page (unchecking any options you do NOT wish to be synced). Follow that with the Start Sync button at the bottom:
- Now you'll see you have multiple workflows feeding into Google from Propertybase.
- You can also deselect these to inactivate them if you need to:
- Now you're all set! You'll see when you go into your google calendar and make appointments, events and tasks in Propertybase they will sync to automatically to Google within 15 minutes. Within those, you'll see the appointments, tasks, notes, reminders, etc.
- Q: Are my contacts deleted on Google when I delete them in Propertybase?
- A: No, we never delete any contacts on either side!
- Q: How often are the records synced?
- A: Apination syncs every 15 minutes.
You can also visit the API Nation website here for more information.