In this article, we will review the steps necessary to import and export List Views using Data Loader.
Note: Please review the "Download & Install Data Loader" tab before following the steps below.
Exporting List Views
- Open the Data Loader tool on your computer and click Export.
- Next, select OAuth, Production Environment and then enter your Propertybase login credentials.
- Once you have authenticated, click Next.
- Select "Show all Salesforce objects" and then select List View (ListView) in the object list.
- Click Browse in the bottom right corner, and select a save location on your computer.
- Click Next.
- Copy the code block below.
Select Id, Name, DeveloperName, NamespacePrefix, SobjectType, IsSoqlCompatible, CreatedDate, CreatedById, LastModifiedDate, LastModifiedById, SystemModstamp, LastViewedDate, LastReferencedDate FROM ListView WHERE SobjectType = 'pba__Offer__c' OR SobjectType = 'pba__Closing__c'
- Past the copied code into the data loader textbox as shown below.
Note: The code above only copies List Views for the Closing and Offer objects. If you would like to copy more than that, use the 'Select all fields' button instead of the supplied code.
- Once you have made your selection, click Finish.
- When promted, click Yes.
Done! You have successfully exported List Views using Data Loader.
Need to import List Views into Propertybase? Click the "Importing List Views" tab to learn more.
Importing List Views
The following section will cover the steps required to import List Views into Propertybase.
- Click Insert in the Data Loader menu.
- Select the object that you want to import data to (in this case, we are selecting the Closing object.)
- Click Browse and select the import file. (If you are following along from the previous section, this will be the file you .CSV file you previously generated.)
- Once you have selected your file, click Next.
- When prompted, click OK.
- On the following screen, click Create or Edit a Map.
- Map the fields to their corresponding Propertybase fields and then click OK.
- Select a location on your computer to save success and error files and click Finish.
Done! You have successfully imported List Views into Propertybase using Data Loader.
If you need to import List Views for another object, simply repeat the instructions above, except select the additional object when starting the import process.
Download & Install Data Loader
- In the top right of your screen, click Setup.
- Next click Data Loader under Data Management, in the Setup menu.
- Click the download link for your operating system.
- Install Data Loader on your computer.
Done! You have successfully installed Data Loader.
To learn more about importing and exporting List Views click on one of the other tabs in this article.