Action Plans help your organization encapsulate best practices into easily sharable, reusable task templates. A typical example for a real estate specific Action Plans would be to prepare a new listing:
You can create Action Plans for the following objects within Propertybase:
Companies, Contacts, Offers, Closings, Listings.
Tasks can be set up with a timeframe, assign it to a particular team member and set up a workflow to deliver a reminder email. The solution is templatized, so if you want to apply the same set of actions to a set of (i.e. listings) you can do so in clicks. Action Plans can include up to 75 tasks and you can create up to 40 plans at a time.
A. Create an Action Plan template
Navigate to the Action Plans Templates tab. Click on the "New Action Plan Template" button. The template screen looks like this:
- Name - Template Name.
- Description - An explanation of how the template should be used.
- Skip weekends - Allows you to automatically reschedule a task that would fall on a Saturday or a Sunday to either a Monday or Friday. When checked, a drop down box appears allowing you to select the day.
- Action - Click "X" to eliminate a step in a template.
- Subject - What the task is to do.
- Task Dependency - The depended task will only be created once the controlling task is completed.
- Days After- This value determines the due date of the task.
- For tasks with no dependency, the task’s due date will be offset from the plan start date.
- For tasks with a dependency, the due date will be offset from the expected due date of the task on which it depends on.
- Assigned To – Looks up to user. Leave blank if you want to assign the task dynamically. When assigning dynamically, the default behavior will be to assign the task to the running user. You can also have the system assign it to the record owner by changing your Action Plan Settings. Go to Setup/ Develop/ Custom Settings then click "Manage" next to Action Plan Settings. If a Default Organization Level Value setting isn't yet created, simply click new. In the Edit page you will be able to mark the check box "Unassigned Task Defaults to Record Owner", then Save.
- Category - What type of activity.
- Priority - Low, medium or high.
- Email - Send a standard New Task email when checked. For Tasks depending on others, the email will be sent when the task is created.
- Reminder – This check box will define the default behavior for reminders when applying the template to create an Action plan .
- If it’s left unchecked , in the Action Plan Creation page the reminders will be initially disabled
- If it’s checked the reminders will be available.
Note: Reminders take in consideration.
- User org Reminder settings: Go Personal Setup > My Personal Information > Reminders , if the option "By default, set reminder on Tasks to:" is checked then the selected time will be the default option for task template reminders.
- User setting for Activity Object : Go App Setup> Customize > Activities > Activity Settings , If option "Enable Activity Reminders" is not checked, then reminders column will not be displayed in the Action Plan creation page.
- Comments - Comments supporting a task.
- Add New Task - Adds an additional row to the tasks grid.
- Save - Saves the template.
B. Use Action Plans: Example - Create Action Plans for several listings
Step 1: Navigate to a listings list view. Select the listings you want to create Action Plans for. Click on the "Create Listing Action Plans" button.
Step 2: (1.) Select the template you want to use by typing the name on the lookup and clicking on it. (2.) Enter the information specific to this plan. Note that the listings you selected earlier are visible and that the "Assign To" has been completed using the current user.
When hovering the calendar icon (3.) next to the Days After field a calendar is displayed (4.) This calendar has two dates highlighted :
- the Action Plan start Date displayed in dark blue.
- the expected date for the beginning of the current task in light blue.
Step 3: Save the Action Plan and verify the tasks.
Note: Action Plan creation is handled by a batch process , it can take a couple of minutes to be able to view all created objects.
The Action Plan is now in the correct related list and that this listing has two open activities. The third activity in the template is dependent and will be created only when it's predecessor is complete.
At times Action Plans may need to be changed or cancelled in order to do this simply, click the "Del" button for the action plan you wish to eliminate. This will cancel the future tasks that are in queue and eliminate all active activities. Keep in mind that Activity History will not be affected as these tasks have already been completed.
Action Plans is a stand alone functionality that will not integrate with Workflow Rules.