|User Permissions Needed|
|To rename tab and field labels:||“Customize Application” OR “View Setup and Configuration” AND Be designated as a translator|
|To reset renamed tabs:||
“Customize Application”OR “View Setup and Configuration” AND Be designated as a translator
You can change the display labels of tabs, objects, fields, and other related user interface labels so they better reflect your organization's business requirements. When you rename a label, such as changing the “Accounts” label to “Companies,” the new label appears on all user pages, in Connect for Outlook, and in Connect Offline. With rare exception, all pages in the Setup area use the default, original labels.
- Click Setup | Customize | Tab Names and Labels | Rename Tabs and Labels.
- Select your default language from the Select Language drop-down list at the top of the page.
- Click Edit next to the tab you want to rename. Optionally, click Reset to change the name of your renamed tab to its original name. Note: You cannot reset custom object tab names.
- Enter the singular and plural forms of the new tab label. Also, if applicable for the language, select the Starts with a vowel sound checkbox for labels that start with a vowel. This ensures that the proper article (such as “a” or “an”) is used. Then click Next.
A renamed tab or object cannot use the name of another standard tab, custom object, or custom tab.
- Enter the standard field labels and other user interface labels to be used for the selected tab or object. Be sure to enter both a singular and plural form for each label that requires it. Also, select the Starts with a vowel sound checkbox for labels that start with a vowel.
Note - Some standard fields, such as Created By and Last Modified By, are purposely omitted from renaming because they track system information.
- Click Save.
- Repeat this procedure to translate labels into all other languages used in your organization.
After renaming a tab or object, rename any custom reports, dashboards, profiles, custom fields, and list views that contain the original name. You can modify labels using the translation workbench. To rename a standard report, click Save As from the report wizard and save it to a report folder designed for your new name.
Other tab customization options include the following:
Individual users can control which tabs and related lists display for their own logins. For more information, see Customizing Your Display.
In addition to the standard tabs provided by Propertybase, users can create entirely new custom tabs depending on their Edition. For more information, see Defining Custom Tabs.
In Enterprise, Unlimited, and Developer Edition organizations, you can override the tab home page that is displayed when a user clicks a standard or custom object tab. For more information, see Overriding Standard Buttons and Tab Home Pages.