With Propertybase, you can build automations that happen anytime a specific action takes place. Automations like this are created using process builder. In this article we'll walk through the steps necessary to create this type of automation.
Note: Propertybase accounts created after 1.471 have this process preinstalled and simply need to enable it.
Make sure you can add the Action Plan manually before creating the Process. This will save you time if there are errors on your Action Plan.
Building the Process
In this example, we will build a process that automatically starts a new Action Plan when a new Contact record is created.
To get started, open the process builder.
- Click the gear icon in the top right of the screen, then click Setup.
- In the setup menu, select Process Builder.
- Click New in the top right corner.
- Enter details for the New Process based on the image below.
Next, we need to choose which object begins the process and when it starts.
- Click Add Object.
- Select Contact for Object and select only when a record is created for process start.
- Click Save.
- Click Add Criteria.
- Enter details for the New Criteria based on the image below.
- Click Save.
- To the right of the new criteria, click Add Action.
- Enter details for the action based on the image below.
*If you have upgraded from an older version and you are not seeing the Copy From Template field, you are using the wrong Action Plan object. As there is a newer revamped Action Plan object.
- When finished, click Save.
- Click Activate in the top right corner of the screen.
- When prompted, click Confirm.
That's it! You have successfully built a new automation with process builder.