With Propertybase, you can build automations that happen anytime a specific action takes place. Automations like this are created using process builder. In this article we'll walk through the steps necessary to create this type of automation.
Note: Propertybase accounts created after 1.471 have this process preinstalled and simply need to enable it.
Building the Process
In this example, we will build a process that automatically starts a new Action Plan when a new Contact record is created.
To get started, open the process builder.
- Click the gear icon in the top right of the screen, then click Setup.
- In the setup menu, select Process Builder.
- Click New in the top right corner.
- Enter details for the New Process based on the image below.
Next, we need to choose which object begins the process and when it starts.
- Click Add Object.
- Select Contact for Object and select only when a record is created for process start.
- Click Save.
- Click Add Criteria.
- Enter details for the New Criteria based on the image below.
- Click Save.
- To the right of the new criteria, click Add Action.
- Enter details for the action based on the image below.
- When finished, click Save.
- Click Activate in the top right corner of the screen.
- When prompted, click Confirm.
That's it! You have successfully built a new automation with process builder.