In this article we will configure Propertybase to work with the new duplicate matching feature released by Salesforce. Upon completing this configuration, Propertybase will actively search for duplicate Contact records.
For further training about this go to this Trailhead Module.
- From Setup, in the Quick Find menu, click Matching Rules underneath Data.
- In the middle of the screen, click New Rule.
- For Object, select Contact.
- Click Next.
- Copy all the information as it appears in the image below.
- Click Save.
- On the next page, click Activate.
Now that our custom matching rule is built and activated, we need to set it as our standard contact duplicate rule.
- From Setup, in the Quick Find menu, click Duplicate Rules underneath Data.
- In the list of duplicate rules, click Standard Contact Duplicate Rule.
- In the list of actions, click Edit.
- On the next page, scroll down and select the new matching rule.
- Click Save at the bottom of the page.