In this article we will configure Propertybase to work with the new duplicate matching feature released by Salesforce. Upon completing this configuration, Propertybase will actively search for duplicate Contact records.
- From Setup, in the Quick Find menu, click Matching Rules underneath Data.
- In the middle of the screen, click New Rule.
- For Object, select Contact.
- Click Next.
- Copy all the information as it appears in the image below.
- Click Save.
- On the next page, click Activate.
Now that our custom matching rule is built and activated, we need to set it as our standard contact duplicate rule.
- From Setup, in the Quick Find menu, click Duplicate Rules underneath Data.
- In the list of duplicate rules, click Standard Contact Duplicate Rule.
- In the list of actions, click Edit.
- On the next page, scroll down and select the new matching rule.
- Click Save at the bottom of the page.